Wednesday, March 24, 2010

American Girl Fashion Show

Jill and Grace
Erin and Carly
Kristian, Ava, Grace, Carly and Maddie
Ava and Grace
The All American Girls with their American Girls
Ava and Jackie, her AG in their matching Fashion Show Tee Shirts
At the table during the show
Ava and Grace and their dolls
Wish this pic wasn't blurry :(

Ava's Brownie troop voted on a FUN activity and decided to use some of their Girl Scout cookie money on an American Girl Fashion Show in Fayetteville, NC. We all rode together and had a fun 2 hour (each way) road trip. Mrs. Erin (the troop leader) drove and Jill and I tagged along! At the show, we had light appetizers as we watched many adorable little girls and their matching dolls walk down the runway. Ava had a blast and loved getting a matching tee shirt with her doll as well as a cute pink carrying case!

On a side note............Notice all the girls dressed in pretty dresses??? Ava wanted to wear her matching Brownie uniform with her doll since it was a Brownie function and her last year before becoming a Girl Scout. I said "Don't you wanna wear a dress? Everyone else will be in one" Her reply was "No mom, I can be different. I don't have to do what everyone else is doing" I guess she must listen when I've said those EXACT words to her along with "If EVERYONE was jumping off a bridge, would you?" LOL Way to be unique and original and your OWN person, Ava! I am PROUD of you! xoxoxoxoxo

6 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

how adorable is this!? She is so cute. And I love her confidence!

Renae S. said...

I gotta say I'm jealous!! When I went to Chicago with my college roommates, I was in love with the AG store, but Kalissa doesn't like dolls at all! I even bought her some of the novels hoping then maybe she'd get into the dolls. Seeing Ava and her friends with their matching dolls made me wish I were there with you guys!

kelly manz said...

looks like so much fun! i love how ava wanted to be herself and wear the girl scout uniform to match her doll! she was the cutest one there!

Tamara said...

Well, she is an Ellis!! I love the idea of an American Girl Show, I had those dolls growing up.

Unknown said...

How amaze! They can match with the dolls exactly. Wow!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

are u eve gonna show us ur big new house?!?!!