Monday, December 14, 2009

Thanksgiving '09

" Striking a pose"............ and making green bean and artichoke casserole! YUMMM
The Men (Jason had on his Griswold shirt too, but changed when he saw Greg! hee hee)
This makes me nervous!

Notice the skateboard blockade to keep the kids away? LOL

Kiss the cooks!

A "Steve Sandwich"

Steve and Dani - she's holding my booby salt-n-pepper shakers given to me by my hilarious friend, Jessica, in remembrance of the "twins"

The sides

The deep fried turkeys!!!

The BUTT ROLLS!

See my perfect butt rolls? YUMM!!!

Greg packin' heat

Dani and Steve fondling the "twins"

Sean in a turkey coma

Mike dazed and confused

Ava and Ethan PASSED OUT!

We are #1! (first ones in the Sbux drive-thru anyway)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Electronics for OVER an hour!! Stupid PS3!

Showing her #1 status again :)

Annoying strangers in Wal-Mart at 5am to take our pic!

Shop till you drop, Renee!!!

This was my second (I think), Thanksgiving that I was able to host. Usually we travel to visit family, but since Jason just returned from ASSghanistan, he wasn't allowed leave until Dec. So, we were blessed to have our amazing friends over, The Miles Family and Steve and Dani. (Steve and Dani are getting married this June in NY and Jason is actually a groomsman! WE CAN'T WAIT!) We've also always heard how awesome deep fried turkeys are, so we decided to buy a fryer and try it out. If it turned out well, we planned on doing it again for Christmas and to our delight, it was DEEEEEELICIOUS!!! We had such a FUN day with a lot of yummy food! The kids were outside playing allllllll day, so I never got any pics of them except at the end of the night! The next morning at 4am Renee and I headed out to throw elbows with the other crazy people on Black Friday and had a BLAST!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Goodnight moon said...

Awesome!!! I love your "SHAKERS"!!!!!

kelly manz said...

ethan looks so big in his B-ball pics! OMG!!! i cannot wait to see them in Feb!!!

thanksgiving dinner G-style looks UH-MAY-ZING! cant wait for J to deep fry a turkey at xmas! he better wear that hot faded bears tee too! we can both wear our grinch tees! then I can be on your blog for once!!!!

shelly said...

THose butt rolls look as plump and juicy as ever! Every time I make those I think of you :)

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i want some more butt rolls.

and thanks for the shout out on ur S&P shakers.