Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Start spreading the news.................

..............We're leaving today. We want to be apart of it,


NEW YORK NEW YORK!!!!


While my mom was visiting over memorial weekend, she was able to stay and babysit the kids so we could attend the wedding of our GREAT friends, Steve Moylan and Dani Mormile. The wedding was in Long Island, NY on Sat. June 5th. Since I've never been to NY (always wanted to) we left as early as possible to see some sights before the wedding. Because of work, Jason was only able to leave Thurs. afternoon. The first thing I wanted to do was see a Broadway show! The second was sight-see and the third.............EAT pizza and hot dogs till we puked! We got all gussied up and hopped a plane! Steve (the groom) was so kind to pick us up at the airport and give us a ride to Time Square. Since Dani and Steve were not staying at their apartment, they graciously gave it to us for the night! Steve drove us in true New Yorker fashion speeding and turning corners like a maniac, even getting yelled at by a pedestrian! It was awesome! Our first stop was PIZZA! It was AMAZING! Jason, of course, had to ruin his with ham and pineapple! GROSS! Then we had tickets for the 8:00 showing of.................. "WICKED" It was WICKED AWESOME (said in my best Boston accent)! I read the book last year and while it was painful to finish, the show was amazing! Afterwards we had a hot dog (got ripped off, of course!!) and walked the streets of Time Square! It was sooooo cool and made me miss Chicago a lot! Later we had MORE pizza, then walked even more! By this point it was 1 am and my feet were killing me since I was wearing my FAV hooker shoes (thanks again Michele) since noon that day! We stopped in a souvenir shop and I bought outrageously expensive "I heart NY" flip flops and wore those the 20 blocks down to Steve and Dani's new apt. Let me just say their apartment was adorable, but it's basically the size of a walk in closet for a WHOLE LOT OF $$$$$$$$$$$$! Would be such a fun experience though and THANK YOU STEVE AND DANI for letting us stay there before you both even got to (wink wink) :) The next morning (Fri.) we hopped the train, clutching my VERY detailed directions and instructions to Long Island (about 45 mins). That afternoon I spent getting a Mani/Pedi with Dani and her girls while Jason spent at a BBQ/pool party with Steve and the boys! We each had a blast! Since Jason was one of the groomsmen, we went to our hotel and got ready for the rehearsal. The rehearsal was easy and the dinner afterwards was DELICIOUS! It was so fun and the video montage of Steve and Dani was soooooo cute and sweet! Sat was the BIG day! Jason chilled with Steve in his room and ate while I slept in and read. He had to leave early for pics and "wedding stuff" so I read some more. It was nice and relaxing! After a while I hopped on the party bus with a few friends (Claire and the Kurtz's) and headed to the wedding! IT WAS GORGEOUS! The church was beautiful and the reception hall, even better! WHAT A NIGHT! They spared NO expense! The food and band were amazing! We barely left the dance floor all night and I was a not-so-sexy sweaty pig, but it was a BLAST! Sun. the new Mr. and Mrs. Moylan had a fun BBQ at Dani's parents' house (LOVE THEM!) and we were so sad that our amazing NY weekend was over! That afternoon we hopped a cab back to the airport and went home. Thank you mom for staying with the kids, you're the BEST! Love you! :)



















The coolest pic ever.  ooh rah!

















The beautiful and wonderful Mr. and Mrs. Steven Moylan!


2 comments:

Jill said...

Finally! I get to read about your NY trip. Sounds like you had a blast and I LOVE all the pictures. How fun! And the bride...she's so adorable!

kelly manz said...

love the new blog design! the pics are great as usual! seems like it was SO long ago!