Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I ran the LT Dan 5K!!

On Sat. my friend, Leslee and I ran the LT Dan 5K to show our support for some of the most severely injured troops from the War on Terror.  The race took place in downtown Beaufort, SC on Waterfront Park and was part of it's annual shrimp festival weekend.  The weather was perfect and over 600 people came for the run, 4 times over the normal amount!  The race went down Bay street and over the Beaufort bridge.  It was a little rough since the bridge goes up hill BOTH ways!  Coming back we were faced with wind over the water, making it a little harder, but I never stopped and ran the whole way!  I came in at 34.52.  Jason and the kids were at the finish line to cheer us on!  It was a lot of fun and only my second 5k, but I'm already looking for the next one! This was Leslee's first one ever and she did GREAT!  We had a blast!

On Fri. night The LT Dan Band (with Gary Sinise) played a FREE concert in Waterfront Park.  Jason and I took the kids and had a lot of fun.  Unfortunately it was sooooo packed they weren't letting people in anymore, so we had to wait a while for people to leave before we could go in.  The band was great, even though we could barely see them and I forgot my camera, so there's no pics! :( LOL
Ava giving me FIVE!
Leslee coming in!

2 comments:

Jill said...

You rock! That is so awesome! Maybe one day I will actually complete c25k and can do a 5k.

Renee said...

Way to go sis!!! I'm soooo proud of you! Greg says that time is great....for your age and status in life!!! muuuaaahahahahahaha
Love you bookoo