Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ava and Ethan in their first triathlon!






While Jason is away at AP Hill, VA training for his next deployment :( I signed the kids up for a "kid-friendly" triathlon here on base! It was free and fun! Instead of swimming they biked a mile, ran a mile, ran an obstacle course and biked another mile back! Ethan started off the race great, but................... after a few mins as I was walking to my car to meet them at the track I found him heading back, as he was "too tired" LOL! To his defense though, I lied and said he was 5, he was the smallest one there AND just learned to ride a two-wheeler last month! Ava completed the race and came in 53rd :) I know, I know, I've got some athletes on my hands - LOOK OUT! Her friend Gracie came in 3rd place for their age group! GO GRACIE!

4 comments:

Haylee said...

Wow!! That's great! Will you tell me when they have another one? Hats off to Gracie.

Sechrist Family said...

Good job, good job! Look at you being mother of the year! I am so proud, I think it was my superb example over the last year, wasn't it?!!! haha!

shelly said...

Love the first pic of Ethan, what determination! Is Ava wearing any shorts or is she in her undies? Oh, that's right, we love short shorts!haaaa Keep up the good work G, and you just might get that Mother of the year award!!

GINA said...

I'm very impressed! Great Job!