Sunday, December 7, 2008

Visiting Family in Chicago - part one!






























For Thanksgiving we drove 18 hrs to Chgo to have Thanksgiving with my Dad and his wife, Mary and family! We had such a blast! Her family all gets together at a bar they own and close down for the day! There were probably 50-75 people there at least! We ate tons of food and played tons of games! On Black Friday we were out at 3:30 to SHOP till we dropped (and we did!) It was so fun and we got a million great deals! They also surprised us with the Barnum and Bailey Circus! It was really good! The kids loved it and it was Jason's first time! HA! On Sat. night we celebrated Christmas and were spoiled rotten! We all got everything we asked for and more! It was such a fun weekend, even though it was too short and far! We want to go again next year, but hopefully stay longer and see more family and friends! I didn't get to eat at Gene and Jude's either, so that is priority on my list for next time! Thank you Dad and Mary for a WONDERFUL time, as always and a great Thanksgiving and Christmas! We all had a blast! We miss you and love you!

7 comments:

Haylee said...

It looks like fun!!!! Your family looks like they take good care of you. I wish I could have gone shopping.

amylouwhosews said...

Fun! Looks like a fun, but FAST trip! Did I tell you we are probably moving down there in a year? (Summer '10) Hopefully you'll still be there!

Sechrist Family said...

Cute pictures! I miss you guys! Tommy looks JUST like your dad. Kids look adorable. I was so sad when I opened our Christmas stuff and somehow one of Ava's bows were in the decorations! :( Hopefully we will see you in JUNE! Cross your fingers!

shelly said...

Sounds like a great trip, didn't know you guys were driving. Yuck! I guess you're use to driving long distances, what's another 18 hours??? We just got home from Maine, I need to get my butt in gear and add a bunch of posts. The family looks great:)

GINA said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. The holiday's seem to be getting shorter and shorter as we get older. But they are still fun.

Carla Anne said...

Your family is sooo Cute! I miss you guys!!!!! It would be awesome if you moved to Norfolk! And then you could move here and live in Cathy's house and it would be awesome. Better yet, why don't you skip Norfolk and just move here. I would be WAY good with that. It has been about a year since I did my hair. About 5 months since the current color arrived. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Um, so I'm not sure how to work this whole blog thing... I want to see your albums, if you put up the ones from grandma's, but it's only showing the ones from Uncle Tom's, PLEASE EXPLAIN! Thanks, Love you!