Friday, August 7, 2009

The Brookfield Zoo!

"Angelic Ava"........................yeah right! :)

I did NOT just kick this goat like Uncle Tommy did at this age!


Scotty, Me, Mom, Ethan, Ava and Auntie Donna

When I was little we used to love going to the Brookfield Zoo and I always thought it was the best! After living in San Diego and having annual passes to that zoo, my opinion has changed. I'm not sure if it seemed more spectacular then because I was small, or if it really was, but now.................it's just sad :( The animals were few and far between.................saying it was SPARSE is an understatement! Some of the exhibits were run down, old and dirty. It was kinda depressing and made us sad for the animals, but we STILL managed to have a good time together as ALWAYS with LOTS of laughs and memories :) "We're walking, we're pooping, we're walking and pooping" seemed to be all the animals did when we approached. It was like we scared the shit out of them! LOL :) It's always FUN to hang out with Mom and Auntie Donna and Scotty!!

6 comments:

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

eeww. i hope you santized those hands. bleck. farm animals make me feel naseous.

Goodnight moon said...

Why is Jessica's comments so negative? I think she needs to get back to her hiatus.

I think it is always sad when you look back on something that you loved when you were a child and now that your an adult it all seems so small and sad.

You'll have to make a trip in the fall and take your kids to the Ashville Zoo here in NC, its awesome!!!!!

kelly manz said...

so glad your mom didn't invite me to go to the zoo with you cuz then you would've have gotten mad and thrown a fit that i was coming! then we would've put fake spiders on our heads and taken pictures...

Haylee said...

When we lived in the greatlakes area we went there a few times. The good thing about it is that it's FREE. The kids liked it and we didn't have to pay anything. I'm with you about it not being the best zoo.

Ellis Family said...

Amber - you're so right...........it hasn't been two weeks Jess! Take your negative self back into time out or I'll tell Anon. on you! Kel - we actually talked about that!! Man, you were pissed that we came along! I'll never forget it! Somebody has Daddy issues!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haylee - you're thinking of the Lincoln Park Zoo (that's the free one) and even sadder than this one! :(

kelly manz said...

well i only got 2 see dad every other weekend! and we always saw you at grandmas on sunday, so to have to see you on SATURDAY too and take away time from me and dad SUCKED! but yea, i was pissed! too bad i cant blame it on my period - i think i was 8 or so??? cute dress in grandma bday pics, btw...